An easy, tasty dish that’s great for sneaking in veggies for kids. This recipe makes 4 to 6 servings
- 6 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cups cooked chopped broccoli (fresh or frozen, thawed)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Grease a 2-quart casserole dish. In a 6-quart pot, bring the water and salt to a boil. Add the macaroni and cook for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain.
- Return the pasta to the pot, add the Cheddar and mozzarella cheeses and butter, and stir until the cheeses and butter melt.
- Stir in the milk, seasoned salt, garlic salt, and black pepper. Stir in the eggs and the broccoli. Spoon into the prepared casserole dish.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until the top is browned.